- Your knee may suddenly hurt and become swollen after a fall or wrong movement. You can walk, but it is painful.
- Try to keep moving normally. It helps the healing process to keep moving.
- If your symptoms don’t clear up, visit your GP after a week.
Your knee will be less swollen then. This way your doctor can examine your knee better.
- Most knee problems clear up on their own in a few weeks or months.
- Are you unable to straighten your knee or stand on your leg? Then call your GP immediately.
- Dutch healthcare practices in general may differ from what you are used to in your home country. Learn more.
- Knee injury