- Cervical cancer mainly affects women between 35 and 55 years old.
- It is caused by many years of infection with a virus.
- Possible symptoms include dark red/brown vaginal discharge or unexpected blood loss. But usually you won’t notice anything for a long time.
- Cervical cancer can often be cured successfully if detected early enough.
- Treatment options are: surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and heat therapy (hyperthermia therapy).
- Dutch healthcare practices in general may differ from what you are used to in your home country. Learn more.
- cervical carcinoma